Saturday, September 4, 2010

A 5 day Outlook

I hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day weekend. I am working but that's okay because I sure do need the money. I decided to refrain from posting for a few days just to see how my week would average out mentally. I am now on medication for my OCD along with my antidepressants for my anxiety. I've been on the antidepressants for quite some time and they do seem to help when I have an attack. I just wish that I could learn to deal with my anxiety without meds.
Being that the OCD medication is an SSRI, (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) I've decided to ease into it. I only take half a pill once a day because most SSRIs have a tendency to lower your libido or sex drive and I definitely don't want that to happen.

It seems to be working for the most part. My intrusive thoughts are next to none at the moment and so that means less ritualistic activity which is really nice. However this is something that I'm hoping will only be a temporary thing. I really don't want to have to take meds for the rest of my life.
Anyway, I just wanted to post an update of what's going on with me. I'll continue with this another time as it is getting late and 4am comes very quickly especially when the clock on the wall says midnight. 
Sweet Dreams.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment